Independent Science Panel
The Independent Science Panel has been formed to provide the Board with independent science advice and input into the science strategy and priorities of the Deep South Challenge, as well as help with assessments of science quality and performance.
The panel will also be available to the Science Leadership Team for independent advice and review.
Independent Science Panel members
- Dr. David Wratt – Chair
- Dr. Bruce Mapstone – Board Member
- Dr. Nathan Bindoff - Processes and Observations
- Prof. Bryan Lawrence - Earth System Modeling and Prediction
- Dr. Francis Zwiers - Impacts and Implications
- Prof. Linda Tuhiwai Smith - Vision Mātauranga
- Assoc. Prof. Max Boykoff - Engagement
Latest news and updates
With the recent storms and floods ransacking parts of New Zealand, Professor David Frame put pen to paper to discuss floods, attribution and the power of citizen science to help us understand our climate and be more prepared.
In November last year our colleagues at Antarctica New Zealand took Kiwi YouTube and social media star Jamie Curry to Antarctica.
Big thanks go to Maggie Barrett from stuck.co.nz for helping to get the system to Christchurch within a very short timeframe!