Independent Science Panel
The Independent Science Panel has been formed to provide the Board with independent science advice and input into the science strategy and priorities of the Deep South Challenge, as well as help with assessments of science quality and performance.
The panel will also be available to the Science Leadership Team for independent advice and review.
Independent Science Panel members
- Dr. David Wratt – Chair
- Dr. Bruce Mapstone – Board Member
- Dr. Nathan Bindoff - Processes and Observations
- Prof. Bryan Lawrence - Earth System Modeling and Prediction
- Dr. Francis Zwiers - Impacts and Implications
- Prof. Linda Tuhiwai Smith - Vision Mātauranga
- Assoc. Prof. Max Boykoff - Engagement
Latest news and updates
In the second of the Deep South Challenge seminar series, Jonny will introduce us to climate and earth system modelling, show how the NZESM fits within the Deep South Challenge and discuss how the NZESM contributes to understanding our climate future.
The Deep South Challenge is proud to be supporting the new Aotearoa New Zealand Science Journalism Fund - the first independent journalism fund dedicated to furthering coverage of the science-related issues that impact New Zealanders.
Includes funding for projects and advice related to climate change impacts and opportunities.