Independent Science Panel
The Independent Science Panel has been formed to provide the Board with independent science advice and input into the science strategy and priorities of the Deep South Challenge, as well as help with assessments of science quality and performance.
The panel will also be available to the Science Leadership Team for independent advice and review.
Independent Science Panel members
- Dr. David Wratt – Chair
- Dr. Bruce Mapstone – Board Member
- Dr. Nathan Bindoff - Processes and Observations
- Prof. Bryan Lawrence - Earth System Modeling and Prediction
- Dr. Francis Zwiers - Impacts and Implications
- Prof. Linda Tuhiwai Smith - Vision Mātauranga
- Assoc. Prof. Max Boykoff - Engagement
Latest news and updates
We need to better understand the interconnections of climate change says Dr Judy Lawrence, researcher at Victoria University and leading two Deep South Challenge projects
The Deep South Challenge is excited to be partnering with
ANTARCTICA – while you were sleeping which is showing at Auckland Museum as part of the 2017 Auckland Arts Festival.
The Deep South Challenge (DSC) is featured in a new story in New Zealand Geographic, which is available in shops and online today.